Your Top Rated Hip Surgeons in Fort Myers, FL
Patients with hip arthritis can often avoid surgery for a period of time with physical therapy, steroid injections and anti-inflammatory medications. The Orthopedic Specialists of SW Florida (OSSWF) practice philosophy is to treat hip pain early with noninvasive, conservative treatments for degenerative conditions, but over time, a hip joint replacement will be required in order to maintain an active lifestyle.
At OSSWF, our esteemed group of Fort Myers orthopedic surgeons and hip specialists is unified in their goal to help their patients regain a pain-free active lifestyle, including when hip joint replacement surgery is required. Hip replacement surgery is one of the most successful surgeries to restore function and eliminate pain. The vast majority of patients find dramatic improvement in pain and mobility.
If you're ready to get back to your life and get rid of your hip pain with the best hip replacement surgeons in SW Florida, schedule an appointment with one of our specialists at OSSWF today. We offer the latest in technological advances and treatment options for our patients' needs.
Hip Replacement Surgery & Orthopedics in Fort Myers
Cutting-Edge Diagnosis & Treatment for Pelvic Pain
Hip pain may be caused by a variety of problems including arthritis, injuries, compressed nerves, torn cartilage, and other problems. Patients generally experience pain in the groin, thigh, inside or outside the hip joint, and/or buttocks.
Common causes of hip pain include:
- Osteoarthritis (OA): “Wear and tear” arthritis due to the gradual wearing down of the joint cartilage, leading to inflammation of the joint lining, which causes the bones to rub together.
- Hip strains: Often occur in sports, or from overuse, and can often be treated with conservative measures. Hip strains that involve torn muscles can also be successfully treated without surgery.
- Bursitis: The bursae are fluid filled sacs that cushion the bony hip. When they are irritated or overused they become inflamed and cause pain whenever the hip joint is moved.
- Tendinitis: Inflammation of the tendons that connect muscle to bone, and is caused by overuse or strenuous activity. The pain feels like a deep, dull ache in the groin, especially when climbing stairs or getting out of a chair.
- Sciatica: This is often caused by Piriformis syndrome. Inflammation in the Piriformis muscles puts pressure on the sciatic nerve, which causes pain to radiate down the leg.
The Fort Myers orthopedic doctors at OSSWF may recommend hip arthroplasty, a minimally invasive procedure to diagnose and treat painful conditions that do not respond to nonsurgical treatment.
Our Hip Specialists
Frequently Asked Questions
Why might I need hip replacement surgery?
Osteoarthritis is the number one reason for hip replacement surgery. Joint replacement removes the damaged parts of the hip and replaces them with prostheses or artificial joint parts, to relieve pain, regain lost mobility, and allow the patient to enjoy health-enhancing activities and exercise. Joint replacement surgery may also be recommended for rheumatoid arthritis, osteonecrosis, injury to the hip joint, and bone tumors.
When should I schedule an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon near me?
You should schedule a consultation with one of our hip specialists if:
- If you have pain that lasts 4-6 weeks and is not improving
- If your pain goes away but returns as soon as you get back to your regular routine
- If you lose range of motion or have pain when walking
- If you feel stiff after long periods of not moving
- If you have pain in the groin that worsens at night
Early diagnosis and treatment can help patients avoid or delay surgery and help avoid continued damage.
Do your orthopedic doctors near me accept health insurance?
Yes! At OSSWF, we want premium orthopedic care to be available to as many patients as possible. That’s why we’re proud to accept insurance from a variety of providers across the Southwest Florida region. Visit our page to learn more about our providers, and feel free to reach out to our friendly and compassionate staff with any questions.
How can I get started with the best hip specialist near me?
OSSWF makes it easy to get started on your road to a complete recovery. Just use our online scheduling tool to request your first consultation with us. We can’t wait to get started.