Cutting-Edge Orthopedic Hand Surgeon Near You
Wrist, Elbow & Hand Specialist
Any injury or medical condition that affects your hand, wrist or elbow can potentially impact your quality of life. And for those who work with their hands, any injury or syndrome can impact their livelihood, including hand, wrist, and elbow surgeons!
Whether your condition is complex or simple, the Fort Myers orthopedic doctors at Orthopedic Specialists of SW Florida (OSSWF) have the training and experience to diagnose you condition and provide the hand, elbow or wrist pain treatment you need.
Not all conditions require surgery. Many can be treated conservatively with nonsurgical treatments including medications, splints, therapy, and injections. With our commitment to minimally-invasive solutions, you can be sure that you are receiving the most advanced and effective care possible.
If you are experiencing any pain or dysfunction in your hand, wrist or elbow, we encourage you to contact our office and schedule an appointment. We look forward to helping you improve your quality of life with the best orthopedics in Fort Myers, FL!
Fort Myers Orthopedic Surgeons for Upper Extremity Care
Cutting-Edge Treatment from Your Orthopedic Hand Specialist
Hand, wrist, and elbow pain are commonly due to fractures, strains, sprains, wear and tear, repetitive stress, arthritis, trapped nerves, damaged ligaments and tendons, and stress fractures.
Common conditions we treat include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: This condition is caused by compression of the median nerve as it travels through the wrist. Symptoms include numbness, tingling, and pain in the hand and wrist.
- Tennis elbow: This condition is caused by repetitive stress to the tendons that attach the forearm muscles to the elbow. It results in pain and tenderness on the outside of the elbow.
- Sprains and strains: These conditions are common injuries that occur when the ligaments or muscles are stretched or torn. Symptoms include pain, swelling, and bruising.
- Sports injuries: Whether you are a weekend warrior or a professional athlete, any type of sport can lead to hand, wrist, and elbow injuries.
- Fractures of the hand, finger, thumb, and wrist: A break in any of the bones in the hand, fingers, thumb or wrist can occur from a fall, direct blow, or twist.
- Trigger finger: This condition is caused by inflammation of the tendons that control the movement of the fingers. It results in pain and stiffness in the finger, and a sensation of the finger “catching” or “locking” in place.
- Arthritis: This condition is caused by the breakdown of the cartilage that cushions the joints. It results in pain, stiffness, and swelling.
Not all of these conditions require surgery and we recommend the most conservative treatment options possible to achieve good outcomes including medication, splints, therapy, or injections.
Frequently Asked Questions
What treatments can I receive from an OSSWF orthopedic surgeon near me?
When surgery is required, you can be confident that you are in good hands with our fellowship-trained, board-certified, and experienced surgeons.
Some of the most common surgical procedures we provide include:
- Wrist tendonitis surgery: This procedure is performed to release the tendons that are causing pain and inflammation.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome surgery: This procedure is performed to relieve pressure on the median nerve.
- Arthroscopic elbow surgery: This minimally invasive procedure is performed to remove debris, repair damaged tissue, or relieve pressure on the nerves.
- Fracture surgery: This procedure is performed to repair broken bones using metal plates, screws, or pins.
- Trigger finger surgery: This procedure is performed to release the tendons that are causing pain and inflammation.
If you are experiencing any pain or dysfunction in your hand, wrist or elbow, we encourage you to contact our office and schedule an appointment. We look forward to helping you improve your quality of life.
What types of qualifications should I expect from upper extremity orthopedic near me?
The hand, wrist and elbow experts at OSSWF are fellowship-trained specialists qualified to diagnose and treat all problems related to the structure and function of the hand, wrist, forearm, and elbow.
Do your orthopedic doctors near me accept health insurance?
Yes! At OSSWF, we want premium orthopedic care to be available to as many patients as possible. That’s why we’re proud to accept insurance from a variety of providers across the Southwest Florida region. Visit our page to learn more about our providers, and feel free to reach out to our friendly and compassionate staff with any questions.
How can I get started with the best hand, wrist, and orthopedic elbow specialist near me?
If you or a loved one suffers from an injury, trauma or degenerative disease that affects the function of their hands, wrist, and elbow, call the well-respected and specialized orthopedic surgeons in SW Florida.
OSSWF makes it easy to get started on your road to a complete recovery. Just use our online scheduling tool to request your first consultation with us. We can’t wait to get started.